African Heritage, Inc. (AHI) was formed by a group of individuals of African descent who reside in the Fox Cities. AHI was officially registered in July 1998 as a non-profit organization with a base in Appleton. African Heritage, Inc is exempt from federal income tax under section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code as an organization described in section 501 (c) (3).
As a not for profit organization, we rely on your donations. There are many options to donate to us.
PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
- Annual Juneteenth Commemoration Program
- Annual Fox Valley Black History Program Celebration Program
- Annual Back to School Celebration – August 19, 2017
- School Education Programs
- African Heritage Emerging Student Leaders’ Institute – Feb. 14 & Feb. 15, 2018
- Provide a medium for educational and cultural exchanges between Africans, African Americans, Blacks, people of African descent and all people who have an interest in Black issues.
- Foster better relations and promote interactions among community dwellers, local leaders, corporate, governmental and non-governmental agencies.
- Promote clear and positive images of Blacks.
- Support existing non-profit groups in the community, which promote similar ideas.
- Provide a medium for the exchange and sharing of all peoples of various cultures and heritages.
- Provide volunteer services to the community.
- Provide a support system for Blacks and AHI members.