The 2018 High School Leader Strand will occur from Feb. 14 – Feb. 15, 2018.
Feb. 14th – 9th – 10th Grade Leaders
Feb. 15th: 11th – 12th Grade Leaders
AHESLI leaders are involved in culturally relevant learning experiences that empower them to be successful at schools in predominantly white communities. As leaders, they are exposed to college admission, career exploration, and identity development workshops. Leaders engage in interactive activities.
- Connect leaders with African-American professionals and community resources that have a vested interest in Black student achievement
- Promote positive social and racial consciousness
- Emphasize the importance of higher education
- Equip high school leaders with the tools needed to enroll in college and certified vocational programs
- Empower leaders to make informed choices about college
- Provide leaders with skills necessary for tomorrow’s workforce