AHESLI invites experienced K-12, higher education, youth, mentor empowerment professionals and subject-matter experts to submit proposals to present at the 2018 AHESLI. Our focus is unapologetically on Black students. Please check out http://www.africanheritageinc.org/institute/ for more information about AHESLI.
Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2018
- 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.: 9th & 11th Graders
- 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.: K-12 School Leadership Professional Development
Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018
- 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.: 10th & 12th Graders; College Students
4:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.: Educator Professional Development
- Deadline for proposals: September 15, 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: October 2017
- Target: African American Students (High School & College) K-12/IHE Community Supporting African American Students
- Venue: Kimberly, Wisconsin (Close to Milwaukee, Appleton & Green Bay)
In 2015, as a response to the needs of Black/African American students in Northeast Wisconsin, AHESLI was created. It promotes higher education, leadership, career exploration, and job opportunities for Black/African American students. It is a leadership opportunity for Black high school, college students, and their K-16 school staff. In order to maintain an intimate setting for our emerging leaders, we are splitting our 2018 Institute into two days of the same presenters, and sessions but different grade levels.